SRCT in Star Citizen

Go down

SRCT in Star Citizen Empty SRCT in Star Citizen

Post by mad87ger Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:01 pm

The purpose of this Topic is to discuss the role of SRCT in star citizen and talk about the game itself. Who thinks about buying the game? will we play together? Do we have goals? What are your expectations on the game? Please feel free to reply.

The Developer Chris Roberts promised the best Space Sim ever and its platform is the pc. It will be an MMO with thousands of players. The whole project is crowdfunded and Roberts already accumulated 74 million $ so far, so we could expect that the game might keep its promises.
You can get more informations from the star citizen website:
robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game/spaceflight

And I found this web site providing answers to some of my questions:
starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

(I'm new to the forum, so I'm not allowed to use the link function)

You will be able to earn ingame money as a merchant, a mercenary, soldier in the military, bounty hunter, pirate and as a explorer.
There will be ingame companys. Like all the ships you see ingame will be produced by ingame shipyard companys and there will be fuel companys and so on.

The game is still under development but you can already buy a lot of stuff. I myself have had a hard time to understand the store. What you need to get access to the game is a game package. In those packages you will find included a digital download of Squadron 42 (The singleplayer campaign), A certain amount of ingame currency, a hangar, a star citizen download, a ship + insurance, access to the arena module, the star citizen manual and Beta access.
The cheapest package is available for 23.40 $ and the most expensive one is 17850 $. Different packages contain different ships, amount of ingame money, length of the insurance, size of your hangar and more expansive packages including additional stuff like the game soundtrack and a digital map of the universe and such stuff.

After buying the game you won't have to pay again. There are no monthly fee or something like that. The insurance means that if you lose your ship ingame while fighting or what ever, you will get it back. If you don't have an insurance this ship will be lost and you will have to buy an new one. In star citizen you can play without having your own ship. You can serve as a gunner in a bigger ship and stuff like that to earn money and get your ship back. This insurance is payed with ingame money. And as anounced so far it won't be expansive.
The ship you receive with the package is just the ship you will begin with. You can buy any ship ingame after the release by earning ingame money. So I don't know if it's necessary to spend a lot of real money in advance.
If we as a clan play together we will be able to aquire the good stuff soon I guess

Last edited by mad87ger on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

mad87ger

Back to top Go down

SRCT in Star Citizen Empty Re: SRCT in Star Citizen

Post by mad87ger Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:12 pm

I loved playing the X² The Threat and X³ Reunion and Terran Conflict. Those where epic games. They might not be very well known outside europe because they are from a German developer. But if you like space sims and want to play something while waiting for star citizen I would recommend those titles to you. There have even been a series of novels based on the game and they where great too especially the first one named Farnham's Legend. You can find english versions of the novel translated by fans.
forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=66760
And the official english version on the egosoft homepage
(3xw.) egosoft.com/shop/default.asp?lang=44

You might have heard of the newest piece of the series X Rebirth. Don't judge the series by this part. This newest one is far off from the original series.

mad87ger

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum